The MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival needs stewards for their event taking place between 20th and 26th of August 2012. This is a great opportunity to not only put on your CV but to also get close to key figures in the the television industry and attend some of the great sessions the Festival has on offer.
See below for more information from the Festival website:
We are now inviting applications for individuals looking to volunteer as stewards at MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival 2012 between 20 – 26 August 2011. The Festival relies on the commitment and energy of its stewards – they are vital to the smooth running of the event. If you’re enthusiastic, hardworking, media-minded, interested in TV or event management and are available to come to Edinburgh, we’d like to hear from you!
We can offer:
* Experience of working at the UK’s most prestigious media event
* Access to sessions, parties and events at the Festival
* A working environment with colleagues who are in the TV industry
* MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival on your CV
The role is varied, hard work but also lots of fun! This is an excellent opportunity to gain further insight into the industry, network and learn new skills – plus it will look great on your CV!
- Putting together all delegate bags and sorting all print; props buying for sessions
- Assisting with stage management and production
- Liaising with the venue manager to make sure all sessions run on time with the correct literature and props
- Meeting delegates, seating them for sessions and checking passes
- Meeting and greeting speakers and moving them from the green room to session venues
- Festival and press office duties.
As we are a charitable organisation these are volunteer posts but we will provide per diems, accommodation and cover the cost of your travel to/from Edinburgh.
If you think you have the necessary skills to be a proactive and hardworking member of the team, and you are available to come up to Edinburgh between 20 – 26 August 2012 (inclusive), please apply with a CV and short covering letter by Friday 13 April to FrancescaDeBarr@mgeitf.co.uk
*If you have been a TV Festival steward before please let us know which year(s) you attended*
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a telephone interview in the w/b 16 April and we will let the successful applicants know by Friday 27 April.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED