Lightbox Media is a new TV and Media company dedicated to producing the highest quality non fiction content for the international market. There is a current vacancy for a runner; the contract is 6 months with the possibility of promotion afterwards. Lightbox have signed up to the CDN diversity pledge and are very keen to meet and recruit people from all areas of life. Please see job description and details on how to apply below:
- The Runner position at Lightbox is an entry level position. LB has signed up for the CDN pledge and we are keen to meet and recruit people from all areas of life. The successful candidate will be given a LB mentor who will help and guide during the contract and will ensure that during the contracted period, the runner gets introduced to all departments and production activities.
- 6 month contract, paid, @£400/week plus oystercard zones 1-4
- To assist the Director of Operations and Production Managers with all administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the relevant production(s)
- To assist the Office Manager with all administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the office
- To Director of Operations and Production Managers. Works closely with Office Manager
- Working to the Production Managers and Production Co-Ordinators to ensure efficient administration within the production(s).
- Clean driving licence essential as some driving work included for location filming
- Office reception work – answer telephones, meet & greet, photocopying, transcript typing, order stationery and couriers, arrange and cater for meetings
- Assist the Office Manager – set up new starters on computers; troubleshoot IT problems; maintain print supplies for printers and photocopier; order kitchen and toilet supplies; liaise with contractors.
- Long hours on occasion during busy periods of production and where necessary to ensure smooth running of the production process.
- Some Location and Weekend work.
- An ability to communicate effectively with all people within and outside the company, both verbally and in writing as appropriate.
- Ability to pay attention to detail as well as take an overview of the situation.
- Experience of working as part of a team, maintaining good working relationships and knowing when to refer to others.
- A good operational knowledge of computer systems and editing software.
- Knowledge of and experience in handing cameras, domestic and professional ones.
- An ability to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances as appropriate (this may include working flexible hours or weekend working depending on deadlines).
- An ability to work well in a high-pressure environment, working to tight deadlines.
- Maintaining integrity and discretion despite pressure from time and peers.
- Knowing who/where to go in order to get what you need.
- Giving help, advice and information to others as needed.
- Capacity to multi-task over several on-going projects or areas of production and able to define priorities.
- Confidence to recognise and deal with arising problems.
- The ability to think clearly, logically and objectively.
- Passionate about film and tv production, a desire to be part of it, and to do well.
To apply, email your C.V. to: email@example.com